I use this on myself and my children as an after sun balm; I stained our deck last week and my neck got a little pink so I put some of this on for a couple of days...no peeling and the redness went away.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small percentage of the sale if you make a purchase using these links.
How to Make it.
- Using a double boiler (or use a metal mixing bowl and a saucepan) melt the shea butter and coconut oil, add the honey and allow it to melt and combine.
- Add in all of your essential oils and stir to combine.
- Put the mixture in the refrigerator until it has just started to solidify (it should be white, but soft). Make sure to check every couple of minutes so that it does not get too hard.
- Using a hand-held mixer, mix for several minutes until it is a bit fluffy, it looks almost like a whipped butter.
- Transfer to a couple of small jelly jars (short mason jars) or any other container.
- Store at room temperature.
I love this so much! It is nice and thick, feels great, and has a light, woodsy aroma.