My husband always says that when he gets the smoker going we are cooking as much food as possible. Today we the Big Green Egg the focus of the day with and it started with some bread. The bread required the highest heat so it was the first to go on the smoker.
The bread was followed by a couple of meatloaves for tomorrow night's dinner and steaks for tonight. I chopped some bell peppers and onions to add to the meatloaf (I am pretty sure my daughter will complain about that, oh well) and we used some homemade steak butter on the steaks.
Jalepeno & Cheddar Beer Bread.
Flour, 6 cups
Baking Powder, 3 Tbs.
Salt, 1 tsp.
Honey, 6 Tbs.
Beer, 24 oz.
Cheddar Cheese, shredded, 2 cups
Jalepenos (I used ones that I had fermented, but you can use fresh or some from a jar), 4-6, diced
1. If baking in an oven, preheat oven to 375, if baking on the smoker get the temperature to 350. Grease two 9x12 loaf pans.
2. Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
3. Combine, egg and honey, and then add to the flour mixture.
4. Add the beer into the batter and mix well.
5. Incorporate the cheese and jalepenos into the batter.
6. Split the batter between the loaf pans.
7. Place in the oven for 50 minutes or on the smoker for 45 minutes. Check with a toothpick to make sure that it has cooked all the way through and adjust time if necessary.