What to do:
2 eggs, slightly beaten
2/3 c. ground golden flax meal
1/2 c. oat fiber
1 1/4 c. vital wheat gluten
2 tbs. butter, softened
1 tbs. Swerve or Stevia
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. xanthan gum
1 tsp. honey
1 tbs. yeast
Obviously you will need to buy some special ingredients, but trust me, this recipe is worth it.
1. Mix the yeast in 1 cup of warm water and allow to activate. The mixture will be foamy once the yeast is ready.
2. Place all of the ingredients into the bowl of a stand mixer with the dough hook attached. Knead on setting 2 for approximately 6-7 minutes.
2. Remove from bowl and shape into a loaf shape. Place into a well-greased loaf pan or make into rolls.
3. Cover with a damp kitchen towel and place in a warm space 1 to 1½ hours.
4. Bake at 375° for about 25 minutes.
5. Once done, turn off the oven and allow the bread to cool in there. If I skip this then this bread always deflates.
I made hamburger rolls from this recipe; I just shaped the dough into rolls, placed on a baking sheet, and baked accordingly. I froze all my rolls so that I have them whenever needed and I don’t have to make bread!
Blog by: Libby Clem