2 c. cold mashed potatoes
3 slices bacon
3/4 c. shredded cheddar cheese
3 large eggs
1/2 c. chopped onion or green onion
3 c. breadcrumbs
4 c. vegetable oil
1. Place mashed potatoes in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Stir in the egg, cheese, onions and bacon.
2. Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in bread crumbs and place in refrigerator for 20 minutes.
3. Whisk the remaining 2 eggs, remove potato balls from refrigerator and roll each ball in the egg then in breadcrumbs. At this point you can set some aside to freeze for later if you want.
3. In an electric skillet,a fryer, or a pan, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry potato balls, a few at a time, for 2-1/2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown.
4. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain. Serve warm with ranch or sour cream. Yield: 6 servings