My mom used to make these muffins all of the time when was growing up. These are are amazing right out of the oven, of course, but they are also quite tasty with a 20 second warm-up in the microwave with a little butter.
We have a peach tree, so I used some canned peaches from our tree in this recipe. I also used closer to two cups of peaches, because more fruit is always better.
4 c. flour
2/3 c. packed brown sugar
2 tbs. baking powder
1/4 tsp. allspice
2 c. of sour cream or plain yogurt
1/2 c. cooking oil
1 c. chopped peaches (or any other fruit)
1. In a large bowl mix together all of the dry ingredients, set aside.
2. In another bowl combine the remainder of the ingredients except for the fruit.
3. Add the wet mixture all at once to the dry mixture and stir until just moistened, the batter should be lumpy.
4. Add the fruit and stir until evenly incorporated. 5. Spoon into a greased muffin tin; 2/3 full. (I make these in small muffin pans and yield 24 muffins.)
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes; until golden on top.