I have canned peaches in the past and this SITE has a step by step guide on how to do that. I may do my own when I get a chance, but for now, this is perfect.
Shannon has requested that we make some Peach Moonshine, so here is what we did...
You will need:
2 - 64 oz bottles white grape peach juice
10-12 fresh peaches, peeled and quartered
2½ - 3 cups granulated sugar
6 - 7 cinnamon sticks or 1 tbs. ground cinnamon
1 750 ml bottle everclear
1 750 ml bottle peach schnapps
- In a large pot, bring juice, peaches, sugar, and cinnamon to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Take out the cinnamon sticks (if you used them) and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Add the Peach Schnapps and the Everclear.
- Stir well, then ladle into jars. Peaches and cinnamon sticks can be divided between the jars.
- This will make you about 12 pint-sized jars or 6 quart-sized jars.
- Store in a cool, dark place for a few weeks and then enjoy!